Building something different
Thank you for taking an active part in building
Peer Evaluation’s community of readers, contributors
Here are 3 ways to spread the word:
Peer Evaluation activity
Marco Dorigo Trusted member
IRIDIA, Université Libre de Bruxelles
|Subject(s)||Swarm Intelligence, Swarm Robotics, Computational Intelligence|
|Spoken languages||English, French, Italian|
Biography & Interests
Marco Dorigo received the Laurea, Master of Technology, degree in industrial technologies engineering in 1986, and the Ph.D. degree in electronic engineering in 1992 from the Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy, and the title of Agrégé de l’Enseignement Supérieur, from the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), in 1995. From 1992 to 1993, he was a Research Fellow at the International Computer Science Institute, Berkeley, CA. In 1993, he was a NATO-CNR Fellow, and from 1994 to 1996, a Marie Curie Fellow. Since 1996, he has been a tenured Researcher of the FNRS, the Belgian National Funds for Scientific Research, and a Research Director of IRIDIA, ULB. He is the inventor of the ant colony optimization metaheuristic. His current research interests include swarm intelligence, swarm robotics, and metaheuristics for discrete optimization. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Swarm Intelligence, and an Associate Editor or member of the Editorial Board of many journals on computational intelligence and adaptive systems. Dr. Dorigo is a Fellow of the IEEE and of the ECCAI. He was awarded the Italian Prize for Artificial Intelligence in 1996, the Marie Curie Excellence Award in 2003, the Dr. A. De Leeuw-Damry-Bourlart award in applied sciences in 2005, the Cajastur International Prize for Soft Computing in 2007, and an ERC Advanced Grant in 2010.
538.05 KBShares by Marco Dorigo
Your session has expired but don’t worry, your message
has been saved.Please log in and we’ll bring you back
to this page. You’ll just need to click “Send”.
Marco's collections (0)
Marco's Links on the Web
visiting this person
You may receive the Trusted member label after :
• Reviewing 10 uploads, whatever the media type.
• Being trusted by 10 peers.
• If you are blocked by 10 peers the "Trust label" will be suspended from your page. We encourage you to contact the administrator to contest the suspension.
Please select an affiliation:
Marco's Peer Evaluation activity
- 3 Ant Colony System: A Cooperative Learning Approach to the Traveling Salesman Problem
- 2 Cooperative Hole Avoidance in a Swarm-bot
- 1 Evolution of signalling in a Multi-Robot System: Categorization and Communication
- 1 Fifty Years of Self-Assembly Experimentation
- 1 An Open Localisation and Local Communication Embodied Sensor
- 1 Ant Colony Optimization: Overview and Recent Advances
- 1 Chain Based Path Formation in Swarms of Robots
- ERC Advanced Grant, Grant Number 246939 / Year 2010