Building something different
Thank you for taking an active part in building
Peer Evaluation’s community of readers, contributors
Here are 3 ways to spread the word:
Peer Evaluation activity
|Full text requests||3|
Jerome K Vanclay Trusted member
Southern Cross University
|Areas(s)||Environmental studies, Food and Agriculture, Systems Science, Scientometrics|
|Subject(s)||Environmental management, Forestry, Simulation modelling, Impact assessment|
Biography & Interests
Jerry is Professor for Sustainable Forestry, Dean of Science, and Head of the School of Environment, Science and Engineering at Southern Cross University (SCU). He was previously Principal Scientist with the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), and Professor of Tropical Forestry at the Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University (KVL) in Copenhagen, Denmark. Jerry received a higher doctorate (D.Sc.For.) from the University of Queensland in 1992, received the Queen's Award for Forestry in 1997, and the IUFRO Scientific Achievement Award in 2010. Jerry leads SCU's research in forest management and has taught the undergraduate units FOR00109 Forest Modelling and Management and FOR00110 Natural Resource Policy. His research interests focus on information systems and conflict resolution for forest and land use management. He chaired the Expert Independent Advisory Panel to the Minister for the Environment in Victoria (2003-09), is a member of the IUCN Commission on Education and Communication, and is a director of the Water and Carbon Group. Jerry has written over 350 publications, with more than 150 in refereed journals. He wrote the definitive text on forest growth modelling, Modelling Forest Growth and Yield. He also co-authored Realizing Community Futures, a guide to the use of participatory modelling for better environmental outcomes. He has written several myth-busting papers on private native forestry, on faunal richness, and on timber harvesting. Recent research includes mixed species plantings, competition indices, and participatory modelling.
n/aShares by Jerome K Vanclay
Your session has expired but don’t worry, your message
has been saved.Please log in and we’ll bring you back
to this page. You’ll just need to click “Send”.
Jerome's collections (37)
Forest Ecology and Management (8)
Jerome's Links on the Web
visiting this person
You may receive the Trusted member label after :
• Reviewing 10 uploads, whatever the media type.
• Being trusted by 10 peers.
• If you are blocked by 10 peers the "Trust label" will be suspended from your page. We encourage you to contact the administrator to contest the suspension.
Please select an affiliation:
Jerome's Peer Evaluation activity
- 7Sustaining conservation values in selectively logged tropical forests: The attained and the attainable
- 2Forest site productivity: a review of the evolution of dendrometric concepts for even-aged stands
- 2Mixed-species plantations: Prospects and challenges
- 1Trends in forestry modelling
- 1Deforestation: correlations, possible causes and some implications
- 1Sustainable timber harvesting: simulation studies in the tropical rainforests of north Queensland
- 1User Satisfaction : An Evaluation of a Carbon Credit Information System
- 1Metrics to evaluate research performance in academic institutions: a critique of ERA 2010 as applied in forestry and the indirect H2 index as a possible alternative
- 1Resource inventory for conversion modelling
- 1Growth modelling and yield prediction for sustainable forest management
- 1Forest growth and yield modelling
- 1Modelling changes in the merchantability of individual trees in tropical rainforest
- 1Can silvicultural treatments improve the water economy?
- 1Potential contributions of statistics and modelling to sustainable forest management: Review & synthesis
- 1Participatory modelling to inform rural development: Case studies from Zimbabwe and Australia
- 1Sustaining conservation values in selectively logged tropical forests: the attained and the attainable
- 3Sustainable harvesting of tropical rainforests: Reply to Keto, Scott and Olsen
- 2Stand biomass dynamics of pine plantations and natural forests on dry steppe in Kazakhstan
- 2Sustainable timber harvesting in the rainforests of north Queensland.
- 2Sustainable timber harvesting: simulation studies in the tropical rainforests of north Queensland
- 2Seed orchard designs by computer
- 2Modelling changes in the merchantability of individual trees in tropical rainforest
- 1Participatory modelling to enhance social learning, collective action and mobilization among users of the Mafungautsi
- 1Spiral and interlocking grain in Eucalyptus dunnii
- 1Structure and floristic composition of flood plain forests in the Peruvian Amazon II. The understorey of restinga forests
- 1Sustainable silvicultural systems: lessons from Queensland, Australia
|Full text requests||3|
Title of the work: The One-minute Modeller: An Introduction to Simile
- Anonymous (1)
Title of the work: Trends in forestry modelling.
- Anonymous (1)
Title of the work: User Satisfaction : An Evaluation of a Carbon Credit Information System
- Anonymous (1)
- FHabiba Hassan Wassef, Senior professional, Independent international expert, United Nations, WHO, National Coordinator for the 7th European Framework Research Programme, National Research Center in Cairo, Egypt.
- FThuy Nguyen, Student, Ph.D. Level, Silviculture Research Institute, Ha Noi, Vietnam, The University of Melbourne.
- Jerome K Vanclay, Professor, Southern Cross University.